Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Begining

So, a little about me.  My name is Ray, or Dreads, or Uncle Ray Ray.  I'm a cook most of the times, a chef some of the times, a bartender in between, a traveler when I can and a surfer always.  I grew up going to day camp with Mike Abgarian and Sean Pastuch so when they opened up their Thrive/CrossFit location next to Swingbellys it was a no brainer, they had been athletic then, why should I trust anyone else now?  I started CrossFit when they opened, my first class was October 24th, 2011.  I have never done a more intense workout before that day.  I'll be honest, I didn't think i'd finish the Elements program.  But, I did. 

They are holding a "Best Shape of My Life Challenge" from January 9th, 2012 to March 9th.  The great thing about this challenge is that EVERYONE is a winner, so why not win right?  This blog will track my progress for the next two months.  I will be posting each meal daily along with recipes when available as well as all pictures.  You will also be forced to read through my daily workouts (both CrossFit and my own) and their progress.  I'll list the rules to the challenge below so everyone can follow along, and double check my own calculations.

Point based system.

Day starts with 15 points in your bank.  You LOSE points for improper eating.
1.  -2 points - cheat meal:  not PALEO quality.  (-10 possible per-day)(IE:  HEALTHY MEAL W/ EVEN 1 CHEAT ITEM ON PLATE)
2.  -1 point- cheat snack:  not PALEO quality (even one m&m/tic tac....lose a point)

Rules of 5 bonus points
1. +1 point -  5 meals per day (1 possible/day)
2. +1 point - fewer than 5 hours between meals (1possible/day)

Exercise
1. -10 points - fewer than 3 WODS/week
2. 0 points - 3 WODS/weedk
3. +10 points - 4 WODS/week
4. +20 points - 5 WODS/week

Bonus Points
1. +1 point - 1/2 bodyweight in ounces of water a day
2. +1 point - 8+hours of continuous sleep (naps not included)
3. +1 point - if all of your carbohydrate blocks are from veggies

Deductions
1. -1 point - each alcoholic beverage (-5 posible per day)
2. -1 point - for no post WOD meal (before leaving the gym)
3. -1 point - no Omega 3 supplementation (algae oil, fish oil, krill oil)

Monday, Jan 9th - Friday, March 9th
 20 points possible per day for 60 days (1200points)
160 possible bonus points (1360 possible points)

1200 + points : free tshirt.
Prize for biggest change in before and after photo
Price for change in Benchmark WOD
Prize for change in WEIGHT
Prize for change in heart rate.

Those are the guidelines, and I shall adhere to them to the best of my abilities.

With that said, I made sure to get my Caffe Laguna pizza in and a few drinks this weekend.  Let the challenge begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment