No CrossFit today, closed for renovations boyeeee.
I decided I needed a good run. I don't generally run more than two miles, max, and that usually involves interval training for the most part. Today I set the goal at a 5k and started out slow, about a 13 minute pace, after a few minutes or so I started to increase the speed while keeping a good breathing pattern. I don't like to see the numbers so I just threw a Mens Health magazine over the time and distance meters. The first page I turned to was in the travel section and was about Bocas del Toros, Panama. Ironically, this is the chain of islands of the coast of Panama I will be heading to in just a few short weeks. That took my attention away for 10 minutes, since it took that long to read a paragraph. Anyway, I increased the pace steadily without knowing where I was at until I finally gave in and checked the distance out, 2.55 miles. From this point I stepped it up to an 85% sprint to finish the 5k in 34:40. I felt fully energized and could easily run longer. Since it was the first time I ran it I wasn't going to beat myself up over the time. I'm extremely confident that I can do it under 30 but would like to get it to under 27.
Meals
1. Two eggs, spinach.
2. protein shake, Kind Bar
3. apple and kiwi
4. Three roast beef slices
5. Three slices of turkey breast and kale chips
6. Braised short ribs in broth and sauteed Swiss Chard and garlic. Two forks-fulls of my buddies home made pasta (had to, he made it by hand.)
I did have three drinks at his place.
Today's score = 14
No comments:
Post a Comment