I took Sunday off from working out since I already did five WODs this week, plus I had to work a double and with the Giants playing, it was going to be a long one. Today's post is short and simple. I worked, I didn't work out, I got 8 hours of sleep, I didn't drink and I had me some Omega-3...My score for the day was - 19.....Here's what I ate
.
Meals
1. One bowl of "Ray's No-Oatmeal"
2. One hard boiled egg w/ fresh home made roast beef slices wrapped around.
-banana berry smoothie (water) w/ spirulina.
3. Apple and kiwi.
4. Two bundles of home made roast beef wrap. (Sauteed asparagus wrapped with fresh roast beef.)
5. Same meal from Friday night
6. Home made flax crackers and home made salsa.
Rays No-Oatmeal (yield 1 bowl)
-one ripe banana
-handful of mixed nuts, 1/2 chopped and 1/2 crushed (walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts)
-2 dried figs, small chop
-2 strawberries, quartered.
1. Mash banana in bowl to a "creamy"consistency. Add ingredients. Eat.
Flax Seed Crackers (a nice amount)
1 cup flax seeds
quarter cup sesame seeds
salt, to taste
herbs de provance
pinch pepper
1. Soak flax seeds for 2 hours.
2. Drain and rinse flax seeds. They will feel a little sticky or slimy.
3. Mix seasoning and sesame seeds in. *(other seeds can be added).
4. Spread out in a thin layer on dehydrator sheet. Dehydrate at 160 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 4 hours and until sheet cracks. (Alternatively, you can lay in a baking sheet and bake at low temperature. You will have to check back regularly to make sure they do not burn.
**Cooking at a temperature of 160 or lower will help to retain all of the ingredients nutritional elements.
Quick Roasted Pepper Salsa5 canned plum tomatoes (Fresh is preferred)
2 green bell peppers
1 jalapeno pepper
1/2 Spanish onion
tablespoon fresh cilantro or dried to taste.
1. Place peppers on stove burners and let skin char all around. Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap and let steam. When cool, peel.
2. Pulse roasted jalapeno in food processor and blend with oil to form a puree. Reserve.
3. Place three tomatoes and one pepper in processor and blend to nice puree. Reserve in bowl.
4. Place remaining two tomatoes and remaining pepper in processor and blend to chunky. Combine with previous mixture.
5. Sweat onions in ban with a little avocado oil. Mix w/ mixture.
6. Add jalapeno paste and any retrievable oil to your desired heat level. Remember, seeds and ribs have been pureed with oil, so tread lightly if you don't like heat.
7. Add seasoning. Serve, but best if left to sit.
First weeks score - 127 daily points, 20 weekly points = 147 points

No comments:
Post a Comment